Makes approx. 8 (4 oz.) parfait cups
- 1 cup almond flour (finest grind)
- 1 tbsp monk fruit powdered sugar
- 1 tbs maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tbl coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the almond flour, monk fruit powdered sugar, salt and cinnamon (optional).
- When they are combined, slowly stir in the melted coconut oil and maple syrup (optional) using a fork and ensure it is completely incorporated.
- Place 1 tbsp of prepared crust in the bottom of 8 ( 3-4 oz.) glass cups or small serving cups of your choice. Press gently with fingers. *You can get creative and even use large shot glasses for a smaller portion dessert size.
- Place servings cups with crust in the fridge while preparing the coconut creme filling.
Coconut Creme Filling
- 2 cans refrigerated coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 tbsp powdered monk fruit sweetener (we love Lakanto)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced strawberries (for parfait layers)
- Chill your coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. Don’t shake or tip the can because you’ll want to be able to easily get the thick coconut cream out of the can without the liquid.
- Remove the coconut milk from the fridge and scrape out the top, thickened cream and leave the liquid behind (reserve for use in smoothies or other recipes) *note: if you don’t have any thickened cream on top chances are you had a can without the correct fat content!
- Place hardened cream in mixing bowl and beat for 30 seconds with a mixer until creamy. Then add vanilla and monk fruit powdered sugar and mix until creamy and smooth – about 1 minute. Avoid overwhipping because it can cause separation. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
Use immediately for layers of the parfait. If you have leftovers, it will keep in the fridge for 1-2 weeks!
To Assemble Parfait:
- Remove prepared, chilled glass cups from fridge.
- Place a layer of sliced strawberries on top of crust.
- Add 1-2 tbsp coconut creme on top of strawberry layer.
- Repeat strawberry and creme layers until glass is full.
- Garnish with a few strawberries and edible flowers (optional) and serve.