This is one of the most delicious egg dishes I think I’ve ever made. It was inspired by a brunch we had in Park City, UT on a freezing cold, snowy morning in a tiny little restaurant we had never heard of. The eggs and spinach are so creamy, savory and beyond good dipped in bread its hard to stop at just 1 serving. Thankfully they are baked in little ramekins so its kind of like portion control (sort of!!) It was inspired from a quaint little rest Serves 4
Preheat oven to 400F
Coat the inside of 4 small ramekins or custard cups with softened butter or olive oil. Distribute the creamed spinach (see recipe below) among the ramekins and crack an egg into each ramekin. Spoon some heavy cream, about 1 tablespoon per ramekin, over the eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and a bit of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes until are eggs are cooked to your preference. Serve with toast (optional)
Ingredients for Creamed Spinach
- 16 ounces(450 g) organic baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 tbl olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion,chopped fine
- 3clovesgarlic,finely chopped or minced
- 1/2cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1/2 pkg of organic cream cheese
- Salt and pepper,to taste
- 2 tbl of grated parmesan cheese to serve
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan, then add the garlic and onion and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Pour in the heavy creamer half and half, and season with salt. Add cream cheese and stir until fully incorporated.
- Add the spinach in batches, wilting each batch before adding the next, until all spinach is wilted. Stir until fully incorporated and sauce is thickened. Add parmesan cheese and serve immediately.